As the UK’s leading diabetes charity, it’s our job to tackle the diabetes crisis. We’re leading the fight against the UK’s biggest and growing health crisis. And it’s a fight that involves us all – sharing knowledge and taking on diabetes together. We’re here to prevent type 2 diabetes, campaign for and support everyone affected by all types of diabetes, and fund research that will one day lead us to a cure.
Over the next five years, we will work with others to make change happen:
• More people with type 1, type 2 and all other forms of diabetes will benefit from new treatments that cure or prevent the condition;
• More people will be in remission from type 2 diabetes;
• More people will get the quality of care they need to manage their diabetes well;
• Fewer people will get type 2 and gestational diabetes;
• More people will live better and more confident lives with diabetes, free from discrimination.
We are currently looking to appoint at least two Trustees, and are especially keen to hear from candidates who can bring their expertise and experience in at least one of the following areas:
– Public health and Primary care
– Finance expertise with understanding of commerciality and risk
As a national charity, we welcome applications from across the UK. We are particularly interested in candidates with an understanding of working in Scotland or Northern Ireland, but not exclusively so.
We are very much committed to widening the diversity of our Board to reflect a broad and inclusive range of background and skills and would particularly welcome applicants who reflect the diverse communities that we are proud to serve.
All candidates will need to bring an empathy and commitment to our aims, ethos, and values.
We will additionally be looking to appoint a new Chair in the coming weeks. If this is of interest, please keep an eye on Saxton Bampfylde’s candidate opportunities page.
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as our employment agency advisor for these appointments. For further information about the roles, including details about how to apply, please visit www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference UAGLE. Alternatively, telephone +44 (0)20 7227 0880 (during office hours). Applications should be received by noon on Wednesday 19th May 2021.