The Isle of Man is a leading international financial centre with a diverse financial services sector, contributing more than one third to its GDP, and being named Best International Finance Centre for 2020 (International Investment awards).
The Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (the Authority) is the financial services regulator for the Island. The Authority regulates the finance industry in line with international standards to satisfy its objectives of consumer protection, reduction of financial crime and the sustainable development of the finance sector.
The Authority is now seeking to appoint its next Chief Executive. This is a key role within the Island’s financial sector. The appointee will work with the Board and senior management to lead the Authority in developing the existing regulatory framework in order to further enhance its excellent reputation.
The role includes:
• Leading the Authority towards achieving its agreed long-term goals and developing its strategy;
• Supporting an appropriate culture and providing effective leadership to enable the Authority to deliver on its statutory objectives;
• Seeking to ensure that the regulatory regime complies with international standards while being appropriately sensitive to the needs of business on the Isle of Man;
• Maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders, including government departments and boards, other regulators, regulated entities and industry bodies; and
• Representing the Authority at meetings of international regulatory and standard setting bodies.
The successful candidate will have:
• An international perspective, with significant exposure to regulation;
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; and
• A strategic mind-set and proven track record of delivery.
Saxton Bampfylde Ltd is acting as an employment agency advisor to the lsle of Man Financial Services Authority on this appointment. For further information about the role, including details about how to apply, please visit www.saxbam.com/appointments using reference QANAZA. Alternatively telephone +44 (0)20 7227 0880 (during office hours). Applications should be received by noon on Friday 12 March 2021.