Saxton Bampfylde tracks careers across the healthcare sector as part of our work supporting clients to attract and develop exceptional leaders. We would like to congratulate the following on their new positions, announced in October 2022.
- Chinyama Okunuga, has joined Whittington Health as their new Chief Operating Officer, joining from East and North Herts NHS Trust.
- Andy Callow, Group Chief Digital Information Officer at University Hospitals of Northamptonshire Group, has been appointed as interim Group Chief Executive of the Trust, which covers both Northampton General Hospital Trust and Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust.
- Laura Wade-Gery, Chair of NHS Digital, will take over from Tessa Green as Chair at Moorfields Eye Hospital Foundation Trust in spring 2023.
- Mark Friedman has been appointed as a financial turnaround director by Lancashire and South Cumbria Foundation Trust.
- Bill Shields will be re-joining the health service as Chief Finance Officer at Devon Integrated Care Board, returning from having been CFO at Bermuda Hospitals Board.
- Chris Lawrence, a Non-Executive Director at West Suffolk Hospital FT will replace Steve Barnett, who left the Norfolk DGH to become chair of North West Anglia FT, as Chair of Queen Elizabeth Hospital King’s Lynn Foundation Trust
- Mark Radford, Chief Nurse of HEE and a Deputy Chief Nursing Officer, will become National Director for Intensive Support at NHSE, remaining a Deputy CNO under the new arrangement.
- Steve Oldfield is to leave his role as Chief Commercial Officer and Director General, Life Sciences at the Department for Health and Social Care.
- Simon MacSorley has been appointed Chairman of Board at Shaw healthcare (Group) Limited, effective from 1st November 2022. MacSorley succeeds Alun Thomas, who served as Chairman for 16 years.
- Gillian Leng, former CEO of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, has been appointed to the Board of Directors at Radar Healthcare.
- Wendy Becker has been announced as the new Chair of the Board of Trustees at British Heart Foundation, succeeding Dr Doug Gurr.
- Kate Swann has been appointed as Chair of Alzheimer’s Research UK from 1 February 2023.
- Sarah Hughes has been appointed as CEO of Mind, joining from the Centre for Mental Health, where she has also been the CEO.
Saxton Bampfylde continues to deliver across our search, assessment, board review and onboarding services across healthcare, with clients across the NHS, wider public, private and voluntary sectors. We are always on the end of the phone or email to our friends and colleagues in the sector, so if you wish to have a chat please don’t hesitate to be in touch.