Saxton Bampfylde tracks careers across the healthcare sector as part of our work supporting clients to attract and develop exceptional leaders. We would like to congratulate the following on their new positions, announced in September 2022.
- Michael Holland, Medical Director at South London and Maudsley FT, is set to take over Tavistock and Portman FT later this year as Chief Executive.
- Nick Hulme, Chief Executive of East Suffolk and North Essex NHS FT, will be joining Norfolk and Suffolk NHS FT in an advisory role, supporting the mental health provider.
- Rosie Cooper will be standing down as Labour MP for West Lancashire to join Mersey Care NHS FT as Chair.
- Jonathan Wade has been promoted from Chief Operating Officer to Chief Executive of Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust.
- Jo Whitehead, Chief Executive of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, announced she will be retiring from the NHS at the end of this year.
- Professor Jann Gardner, Chief Executive of NHS Golden Jubilee, will join NHS Lanarkshire as their new Chief Executive.
- Ian Boyle, Chief Financial Officer at Wrightington, Wigan, and Leigh Teaching Hospital NHS FT will be joining Northern Care Alliance NHS FT as their new Chief Financial Officer.
- Eddie Morris, a consultant gynaecologist at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, has been appointed as Regional Medical Director of NHS England in the East of England.
- Andrew Ridley will be stepping down from the NHS London Regional Director role, and from his substantive role as Chief Executive of Central London Community Healthcare NHS FT, where James Benson has been serving as Interim CEO.
- Simon Corben, Director of Estates and Facilities at NHS England, will be joining East Kent Hospitals University NHS FT as a Non-Executive Director.
- Matthew Winn, Chief Executive at Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, will be stepping back from the Director of Community Health role at NHS England which he has been doing alongside his Chief Executive role.
- James Kent, CEO Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West ICB will be leaving that organisation to start a secondment as an adviser to Chris Hopson at NHS England.
- David Lawson, Director of Procurement at Guys’ and St Thomas’ NHS FT, will be joining the Department for Health and Social Care as their new Director of the Medical Technologies (MedTech) Directorate.
- Julie Brown will become GSK’s first female CFO, joining the pharmaceuticals business from Burberry.
- Paul McCann has joined Ascom as Managing Director UK and Ireland, joining them from KPMG.
- Gemma Peters has been announced as the next Chief Executive at Macmillan Cancer Support, moving from Blood Cancer UK where she is Chief Executive.
Sarah Sweeney, announced as interim CEO at National Voices, following news in July that Charlotte Augst would be stepping down.
- Ian Green has announced that he will be leaving Terrence Higgins Trust after 7 years as CEO; he will take up a global leadership role with Prevention Access Campaign.
Saxton Bampfylde continues to deliver across our search, assessment, board review and onboarding services across healthcare, with clients across the NHS, wider public, private and voluntary sectors. We are always on the end of the phone or email to our friends and colleagues in the sector, so if you wish to have a chat please don’t hesitate to be in touch.