Saxton Bampfylde tracks careers across the healthcare sector as part of our work supporting clients to attract and develop exceptional leaders. We would like to congratulate the following on their new positions, announced in April & May 2023.
- Salma Yasmeen, who is currently Deputy Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director Strategy and Change at South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer at Sheffield Health and Social Care Foundation Trust.
- Chris Oliver, who was Interim Chief Executive at Lancashire and South Cumbria Foundation Trust, has now been appointed to the role of Chief Executive permanently.
- Phil Gayle, who was Interim Chair at Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Foundation Trust, has now been appointed to the role of Chair permanently.
- Carolyn Wilkins, who was Chief Executive of Oldham Council and Accountable Officer for NHS Oldham Clinical Commissioning Group, has been appointed as Chair of Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- John MacDonald, who is currently Chair of University Hospitals of Leicester Trust, has also been appointed as Chair for the University Hospitals of Northamptonshire NHS Group, a collaboration between Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust and Northampton General Hospital Trust.
- Dame Pauline Philip, National Director for Emergency and Elective Care for NHS England, and Deirdre Kelly CBE, Chairwoman of the Board of Pension Trustees for the General Medical Council, have been appointed as Non-Executive Directors to the Board for Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust.
- Kate Farrow, who was Deputy Chief Executive Officer at King Edward VII’s Hospital, has been appointed as Hospital Director at Nuffield Health, Parkside Hospital & Cancer Centre London.
- Matt Whitty, who is Chief Executive of the NHS’s Accelerated Access Collaborative, will be appointed as Director of Commercial Partnerships at MDClone later this year.
- Thea Stein, who is Chief Executive at Leeds Community Healthcare Trust and Trustee of the Nuffield Trust, will be appointed as Chief Executive at the Nuffield Trust later this year.
- Matt Boazman, who was Chief Officer for Strategy and Innovation for Birmingham Children’s Hospital, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer at Birmingham Women’s and Children’s NHS Foundation Trust following Jane Marsh’s departure.
- Sir Jim Mackey, who was Chief Executive of Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, will replace Sir David Sloman as Chief Operating Officer for NHS England on an interim basis.
- Mike Bell, who is Chair of Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust, has additionally been appointed as Chair of NHS South West London Integrated Care Board.
- Penny Emerit, who is currently Chief Executive of Portsmouth Hospitals University Trust, will also be appointed as Chief Executive of Isle of Wight Trust as it moves to a joint leadership model.
- Sheila Stenson, who is Deputy Chief Executive and Finance Director of Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnerships Trust, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer.
- Jonathan Coulter, who is Interim Chief Executive Officer at Harrogate and District Foundation Trust, has been appointed as Chief Executive permanently.
- Caroline Clarke, who was Group Deputy CEO for Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, has been appointed to Regional Director for London at NHS England.
- Peter Landstrom, who is Group Chief Delivery Officer for Royal Free London Foundation Trust, will be appointed as their new Chief Executive.
- Jonathan Lofthouse, who is Site Chief Executive for Princess Royal University Hospital and South Sites at King’s College NHS Foundation Trust, has been appointed as the first Joint Chief Executive for Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Foundation Trust.
- Kate Brintworth, who is Chief Midwife for NHS England in London, has been appointed to the new Head of Midwifery for England.
Saxton Bampfylde continues to deliver across our search, assessment, board review and onboarding services across healthcare, with clients across the NHS, wider public, private and voluntary sectors. We are always on the end of the phone or email to our friends and colleagues in the sector, so if you wish to have a chat please don’t hesitate to be in touch.