Work for a business you co-own. Grow intellectually, emotionally and spiritually. Change the world by changing leaders in interesting and important organisations. Life’s more interesting working at Saxton Bampfylde.
Hybrid working – Edinburgh and home
Saxton Bampfylde is a top UK search and leadership advisory firm with global reach and a ‘modest’ mission to change the world. Since our establishment in 1986, we have stayed true to our founding principles, namely our dedication to a unique and genuine search process that is different to our competitors, and our commitment to providing the highest quality service when advising on board level roles for our clients.
In 2014 Saxton Bampfylde became an employee-owned organisation. The business is held in trust for our Partners in what we believe is a first in the executive search industry, with an elected Trustee body who have oversight of the strategic objectives and values of our business.
We’re a curious bunch, taking an interest in the world around us and one another. We work in an environment that is inclusive, hard-working, celebratory and fun, with each partner playing their part to contribute to our collective success. We don’t just come together around a meeting table; from book club, to yoga, team socials to table tennis competitions, there is always something going on to get involved in. Giving back is key to us all and each of us contributes our time, energy, money and expertise to causes which are important to us.
We’re looking for talented people to join our team, particularly those with previous experience as a PA, executive assistant or project coordinator. You should be personable and proactive, with the ability to prioritise and delegate at pace. You must be comfortable communicating on the phone and in person, and also have a high level of written accuracy. You’ll have an empathy for others, a desire to work in a firmly team-based environment and the ability to convey ideas, as well as facts, succinctly and persuasively.
Our PCT are given a great deal of responsibility and autonomy from the outset, and the role therefore requires someone who is able to meet this challenge, with the will to juggle multiple balls at once, and a high level of self-motivation.
The role has three main areas of focus:
- Consultant support and diary management: our Project Coordinators manage Consultant diaries in their professional capacity, rather than undertaking any personal work for them. They book all business travel and ensure that all key client or candidate meetings are scheduled. The team provide their Consultant with any paperwork required for meetings, and are always up to date on each of the Consultant’s searches, acting as the main point of call for any queries.
- Project Coordination: Project Coordinators are critical to ensuring the smooth running of Saxton Bampfylde’s appointment process. Our team manage the administration of anything from ten to twenty searches at one time, and complement their Consultant’s in depth sectoral knowledge with a clear grasp of the key milestones required to make a successful appointment. They act as a key contact for both clients and candidates, regularly working with high-profile individuals on impactful and sometimes confidential searches.
- Business development and marketing: the team also assist their Consultant in business development activities, for example arranging lunches and marketing events throughout the year. They ensure that Consultants are able to effectively advocate for the firm, while also delivering high-quality work to existing clients.
- Complex diary management, including national and international travel arrangements
- Oversight of the key stages in an appointment process, ensuring that both Consultants and clients are up to date
- Liaising with clients and candidates; arranging interviews, business development meetings
- Responding to a high volume of e-mails and calls
- Use of the company database to collate accurate and current records of client and candidate outreach
- Dealing at senior levels with high-profile individuals
- Keeping track of project and marketing costs, liaising with the finance department
- Preparation of client facing documents to a high standard in all Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of, and enthusiasm for the companies and sectors you are working with
Preferred candidate profile
- A confident, highly organised individual with good initiative and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships quickly
- High attention to detail, ensuring work is produced accurately and of the highest possible standard
- Highly efficient, flexible and able to change workload and prioritise in order to meet business needs
- High levels of common sense and integrity
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritise workload efficiently and delegate when necessary