Saxton Bampfylde tracks careers across the healthcare sector as part of our work supporting clients to attract and develop exceptional leaders. We would like to congratulate the following on their new positions, announced in June & July 2023.
- Grant MacDonald, who is currently Executive Managing Director for Mental Health at Oxford Health Foundation Trust, will lead the Trust on an interim basis.
- Amanjit Jhund, who was Deputy Chief Executive Officer at Whipps Cross University Hospital, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer.
- James Lowell, who is Chief Operating Officer at South London and Maudsley Foundation Trust, will be appointed as Chief Executive at The Queen Victoria Hospital Foundation Trust in September.
- John Quinn, who has been Chief Information Officer at NHS England on an interim basis since February, has now been appointed permanently.
- Paul Calaminus, who is currently Chief Executive of the East London Foundation Trust, has been appointed as the substantive Chief Executive of North East London Foundation Trust.
- Kevin McNamara, who is currently Chief Executive at Great Western Hospitals, will be appointed as Chief Executive of Gloucestershire Hospitals in March 2024.
- Fiona Robinson, who has held senior roles in Mothercare and Debenhams, has been appointed as Chief Executive at Newlife, the Charity for Disabled Children.
- Nick Hulme, who is Chief Executive at East Suffolk and North East Essex Foundation Trust, has been appointed as Interim Chief Executive at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals Foundation Trust.
- James Lyons, who is Communications Director for NHS England, will leave this summer to join TikTok.
- Hannah Coffey, who was acting Chief Executive for Mid and South Essex Foundation Trust, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer for Northwest Anglia Foundation Trust.
- Kevin McGee, who was leader of three acute trusts in Lancashire, has stepped down from the NHS to take on a role with Gibraltar Health Authority.
- Jonathan Brotherton, who was Chief Operation Officer of University Hospitals Birmingham, has been appointed as their Group Chief Operating Officer.
- David Fillingham has been appointed as Chair of the national improvement board, NHS Impact.
- Ron Shields, who is currently Chief Executive Officer for Southern Health Foundation Trust, will lead the new Trust formed from a merger with neighbouring Solent Trust.
- Claire Wood Hill, who is currently Director of Fundraising and Communications at King’s College Hospital Charity, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer for The National Brain Appeal.
- Chris Tovey, who was Chief Operating Officer at Jazz Pharmaceuticals, will be appointed Chief Executive Officer of Destiny Pharma plc in September.
- Nigel Rudd, who was previously Chair of Destiny Pharma in 2018, has been re-appointed to the role.
- Robert Hill, who was Chief Operating Officer for TAE Life Sciences, has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer.
- Stephen Lightfoot, who was a non-executive director of the UK Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, has been appointed as its new Chair.
Saxton Bampfylde continues to deliver across our search, assessment, board review and onboarding services across healthcare, with clients across the NHS, wider public, private and voluntary sectors. We are always on the end of the phone or email to our friends and colleagues in the sector, so if you wish to have a chat please don’t hesitate to be in touch.